Michelle was called to the bar in 2005 and is an experienced commercial litigation and insolvency lawyer. She has a broad practice, regularly representing high-net-worth individuals, companies, directors and insolvency officeholders across a range of commercial and personal disputes. In the context of her commercial litigation practice, Michelle has significant experience in complex claims arising out of breach of contract, misrepresentation, fraud, data protection, privacy and breach of confidence, financial services disputes and professional negligence. She has also successfully obtained and defended freezing injunctions and third-party disclosure orders for clients.
In relation to insolvency matters, Michelle’s areas of expertise include company administration, winding-up proceedings, tracing and recovery of assets, misfeasance and wrongful trading claims. She acts for officeholders, individuals and entities in financial difficulties, as well as those impacted by third party insolvencies or at the receiving end of investigations by officeholders.
Michelle has full rights of audience and has extensive County Court and High Court advocacy experience.
Her cases include:
- Acted for a respondent to a multi-billion pound Worldwide Freezing Order and successfully obtained discharge of the same
- Represented a number of defendants in claims for breach of the Data Protection Act 1998, breach of privacy and misuse of confidential information
- Advised defendants against claims for fraud and conspiracy by a former business partner who was seeking damages in excess of £100 million
- Acted for a claimant in a respect of a professional negligence claim against its former legal advisors
- Acted for a corporate claimant in relation to a claim for misrepresentation, breach of warranty and breach of shareholders’ agreement