Akram is a solicitor with full rights of audience who joined Grosvenor Law in 2019. He has experience of complex litigation and arbitrations, particularly involving state immunity, construction and partnership disputes, and actions against banks.
Akram’s recent cases include:
- Acting for a State in the Court of Appeal in relation to service of documents out of the jurisdiction in connection with the enforcement of an arbitral award.
- Acting in an ICC arbitration, representing a state against an international construction company in a dispute relating to the construction of gas pipelines.
- Advising a private company on its rights and remedies under a performance guarantee in connection with a construction dispute.
- Acting for an individual in the High Court in connection with a partnership dispute over the assets of the partnership.
- Acting for a company in the High Court in connection with a construction dispute over defective workmanship and the quality of the work.
- Acting for a private client in a dispute with a large, multinational bank.
- Acting for an individual in a High Court case in connection with a technology and breach of confidence dispute over the ownership and authorship of computer code used to produce scientific journals.
Prior to qualifying, Akram published his research in mathematics and its application to breast cancer.