Daniel is a problem solver: an iron fist in a velvet glove.
Having practised for over 20 years, Daniel regularly helps companies and high-net-worth individuals solve complex disputes in the business world and personal arena. His practice is broad and engages in a wide range of areas spanning commercial, reputational and criminal matters.
Daniel has a particular eye for detail and strategic planning, often combining legal strategies with wider case planning and complementary advice to solve a problem, working with other professionals such as PR, investigations and forensics. He works with clients to secure their goals, find the weak spots in their opponents’ cases and gets the necessary results.
His clients praise his plain speaking and approach, breaking matters down into constituent parts and developing strategies which deliver, often with pincer movements to corner the opponent.
He is particularly experienced in managing reputation and confidential information claims as well as complex disputes involving company law, financial services and fraud, with a recognised expertise in data protection, confidential information, IT and digital law.
Daniel has been published on a range of legal topics and gives presentations to clients on matters of interest – recently covering topics such as internal investigations and data protection. He is a director of London Marathon Events Limited.
His recent case work includes:
- Acted in an international arbitration for numerous overseas clients and offshore trusts seeking the appointment of a receiver manager over a substantial Limited Partnership Fund based in the British Virgin Islands
- Represented defendants in claims for fraud and conspiracy to defraud by former business partner seeking damages in excess of £100 million
- Acted for a FTSE-listed company in respect of claims against a former director for breach of fiduciary duties and confidence
- Acted for a company seeking damages against a former director for fraudulent diversion of business opportunities
- Obtaining search orders and freezing orders for a client whose data had been stolen by employees to set up a competing business
- Acted for major FMCG importer in preparing legal and factual challenge to government regulator in respect of an ongoing prosecution
- Acted for a number of clients facing counts of historic sexual assault
- Represented a high-profile Kazakh businessman in the preparation and presentation of submissions to the United Nations in respect of his unlawful detention