John-Joseph is a litigator with a strong background in both commercial and private litigation. John-Joseph has worked on cases ranging from civil fraud and investor disputes to high value contentious trust and probate work but also has experience with insolvency and criminal matters.
John-Joseph frequently works on cases with an international or offshore element and has experience in alternative dispute resolution including arbitration and mediation.
Recent cases include:
- Acting for the Defendant in a series of high value historical investor disputes ranging 20 years in excess of £50 million including allegations of fraud
- Representing an international entrepreneur in his successful defence of attempts by a lender to enforce its security over a property in France valued at in excess of £50 million, involving Chancery Division proceedings in London and multiple sets of proceedings in Paris
- Acting for a major international mining corporation in a dispute in excess of $150 million concerning a mining project in West Africa
- Acting for a leading crypto currency as a defendant in High Court proceedings including defending a range of interim injunctive relief as well as substantive claims of unjust enrichmen
- Acting for a leading beneficiary to an ultra-high value offshore trust with a long and litigious history both in England & Wales and the Channel Islands
- Acting for a private client in proceedings for an account of profits relating to historic investments
- Acting for an estate in enforcing multi-million pound debt
- Acting for a claimant in a multi-million pound ICC arbitration
- The successful discharge of a Worldwide Freezing Order in the sum of $3 billion
John-Joseph has a first-class honours degree in History from the University of Oxford and passed his Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course with commendation and distinction respectively.