Laurence is a commercial litigator, specialising in civil fraud. He has experience in all aspects of the litigation process, whether it be the issuing of pre-action applications to the enforcement of judgments. He is also familiar with the use of injunctive relief for the purposes of, for example, freezing assets, confiscating passports and obtaining information from third parties.
Laurence has also had extensive experience in other areas of commercial dispute resolution such as shareholder disputes, disputes concerning breach of contract, litigation brought against directors of companies and complex insolvency proceedings.
Laurence’s recent work includes:
- Acting in Staechelin & Ors v ACLBDD Holdings Ltd & Ors  EWCA Civ 817, in which the Court of Appeal affirmed the Court’s earlier decision to award a commission concerning the sale of a painting for over $200 million.
- Acting for a medium sized energy company in its claim against a former employee, which has involved the obtaining of a Worldwide Freezing Order, passport delivery up and application for committal.
- Successfully discharging a freezing order (including the underlying claim) for a high net worth individual because England and Wales was not the appropriate forum for the dispute.
- Acting for a former company director in their defence of allegations regarding breaches of fiduciary duty concerning the acquisition of a valuable London property.
- Acting for a former director regarding the enforcement in this jurisdiction of an overseas Judgment.
- Acting for a shareholder in a claim regarding the diversion of a corporate opportunity from the company by a former director, resulting in a 10 day trial in the Chancery Division of the High Court.