James is a litigator with experience in the civil and criminal courts of England and Wales. He has a broad commercial practice, which includes acting for companies and high-net-worth individuals in relation to breaches of contract, shareholder remedies, employment disputes, fraud and breach of trust.
James has a first class honours degree in law from the University of Kent. Prior to qualifying as a solicitor, James lived and worked in Ecuador for a year, during which he learnt Spanish.
James’ recent cases include:
- Acting for a high-net-worth individual in relation to a claim for an account and potential breach of trust claims worth several million pounds
- Acting for a recruitment agency in relation to defending a claim by a former employee for disability discrimination, harassment and unlawful deduction of wages
- Acting for an individual in relation to removing defamatory statements made on various blogs and identifying the author(s)
- Acting for a creditor in relation to recovering monies owed by his former business partner
- Acting as Privy Council agent for the respondents to an application for permission to appeal a decision by the Bahamian courts