James is a litigator with experience in the civil and criminal courts of England and Wales. He has a broad commercial practice, which includes acting for companies and high net worth individuals in relation to breaches of contract, shareholder remedies, team move injunctions, fraud and breach of trust.
James has a first class honours degree in law from the University of Kent. Prior to qualifying as a solicitor, James lived and worked in Ecuador for a year, during which he learnt Spanish.
James’ recent cases include:
- Acting for a high net worth individual in relation to a claim for an account and potential breach of trust claims worth several million pounds;
- Acting for a recruitment agency in relation to defending a claim by a former employee for disability discrimination, harassment and unlawful deduction of wages;
- Acting for an individual in relation to removing defamatory statements made on various blogs and identifying the author(s);
- Acting for a creditor in relation to recovering monies owed by his former business partner;
- Acting as Privy Council agent for the Respondents to an application for permission to appeal a decision by the Bahamian courts.